Bad Admin

Register then introduce yourself here!

70 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I found this site via FB, I make copies of Greek and Roman mosaics though most of my time is teaching it now. I just like to read about the day to day life of the ancients from whatever sources are out there.

Welcome Musivarius!

Musivarius likes this

Hi all, 

I found this site via FB, I make copies of Greek and Roman mosaics though most of my time is teaching it now. I just like to read about the day to day life of the ancients from whatever sources are out there.

Glad to have you here!

Musivarius likes this

Hi all, found this page through FB and as someone interested in history in general i thought why not join. Started my interest at what you might call High School due to my history teacher. When serving my time in the military i took a course in cultural history and after that it just got out of control  :lol: . My focus in the past years has been on the Napoleonic era and have a small collection on the subject.

Also i have a passion for visiting events in my country ( Netherlands) usually dressed in some sort of historic costume.

Hope to become an active member and share my passion and interests with you all.

Hi all, found this page through FB and as someone interested in history in general i thought why not join. Started my interest at what you might call High School due to my history teacher. When serving my time in the military i took a course in cultural history and after that it just got out of control  :lol: . My focus in the past years has been on the Napoleonic era and have a small collection on the subject.

Also i have a passion for visiting events in my country ( Netherlands) usually dressed in some sort of historic costume.

Hope to become an active member and share my passion and interests with you all.

Very glad yo have you here! I hope that you have enjoyed the Facebook page and that you'll find the forums as good! Feel free to dive into any discussion, we're a rather friendly bunch!

Hello!  My name is Tommy also known as "mindbringer" across the web.  I have a minor in Classical Studies and concentrated in ancient history while getting my History Major.  I have many books in my large personal library on Greece and Rome.

Hello!  My name is Tommy also known as "mindbringer" across the web.  I have a minor in Classical Studies and concentrated in ancient history while getting my History Major.  I have many books in my large personal library on Greece and Rome.

Welcome Tommy!

hi im andrew from las vegas.  Yep sin city.  I have loved history since i was a kid and am currently reading the middle ages martial arts manuscripts (or at least everyone i cant get my hands on) in hopes of being able to blog about it on the webz.  This will be great for anyone interested in the ancient martial arts of europe.  And the similarity between chinese and japanese and european m..a. is stunning.  Anywho hello all!

Bad Admin likes this

Hello. I am from small town, rural America. It is tradition here to drown our economic problems with alcohol, marijuana, and amphetamine. I drown my problems with stacks of old classical literature, instead. I find that used bookstores are cheaper than liquor stores. And I've never received a legal fine for driving under the influence of Homer.

Bad Admin likes this

21 hours ago, Barbara Warren said:

Hello. I am from small town, rural America. It is tradition here to drown our economic problems with alcohol, marijuana, and amphetamine. I drown my problems with stacks of old classical literature, instead. I find that used bookstores are cheaper than liquor stores. And I've never received a legal fine for driving under the influence of Homer.

That's funny. My home town is in eastern Oregon, very rural. Drugs esp meth and heroin are out of control. Marijuana is legal of course and taxed along with alcohol so there's that. We're slow around these parts for now, but welcome!

On 14/9/2016 at 11:14 PM, Barbara Warren said:

And I've never received a legal fine for driving under the influence of Homer

As long as you don't slaughter your servants for they slept with someone, you should be ok with the influence of Homer.

On 1/24/2017 at 6:16 PM, rexreg said:

Ave!

Just found your group & registered & whatnot.

I've been a history buff since childhood.

Thanx for having me aboard.

Hey, glad to see you here! I'm taking care of the Facebook page, but I think that is a lot more active than the forum at the moment! Still, appreciate that you took the time to register!

Hello I'm malc, new to this forum and any other sort of forum, so please bare with me!

Love all history but favourite is Greek, presently reading 'where Troy once stood' which i found in a charity shop!

On 4/26/2017 at 10:35 AM, Mallim said:

Hello I'm malc, new to this forum and any other sort of forum, so please bare with me!

Love all history but favourite is Greek, presently reading 'where Troy once stood' which i found in a charity shop!

Hi Mallim,  Glad to see you here. Things are kind of slow in these parts but I'm hoping to try and light a fire in the near future! Stick around. Love finding good old books in stores. Make sure you check out our Facebook page if you haven't been there yet. It's very active.